Volume 71, Number 3 (July 2014), of the Institute of General Semantics's quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics has been mailed and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- "A Culture of Teaching and Learning Excellence Starts with an Examination of Assumptions: Influences of General Semantics on Faculty Development" by Chris Stabile
- "Cicero's Brutus: A History of Rhetoric or a History of Politics?" by Panagiotes Kontonasios
- "An Esperanto of Evaluation" by Devkumar Trivedi
"GS as a Humanist Endeavor" by Dom Heffer
- The Next Generation:
"Shifting Traditions: Chaucer's Narrative Accompliment in the Wife of Bath's Tale Considered in the Context of the Shift from Oral Tradition to Literate Print Tradition" by Ruth Sylvester
"Horizons" by Milton Dawes
"Focal Knowledge, Medium Bias, and Metamedium" by Peter Zhang
- From the Vault:
"A Perceptual Model of the Whorfian Thesis" by Ralph L. Carnes
"Not Since Babel" by Edmund Carpenter
- "Inherent Meanings" by Ross Jackson
- Plus Letter from the Editor, Letters to the Editor, Book Reviews, and News and Notes.
The cover of ETC 71:3 is from a painting by British artist Dominic Heffer titled "All the Trash Goes Somewhere."