Volume 69, Number 4 (October 2012), of the Institute of General Semantics's quarterly journal ETC: A Review of General Semantics is arriving in the mail and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- "General Semantics, Science, and Medicine: A Quality Approach" by Richard Fiordo
- "Who's the Mother" by Bill Haase
- "Indexing the Religious Beliefs of America's Founders" by Martin H. Levinson
- "Fascism as a Semantic Void into the Meta-Narrative of Rational Modernity" by Alessandro Saluppo
- Two Poems:
"Foreclosure" by Peter E. Murphy
"Good Grief" by Peter E. Murphy
- "One God" by Ed Tywoniak and Frances Tywoniak
- "Objectivity--Does It Exist?" by Mark S. Tucker
- "Advanced Thinking: Mathematics, General Semantics ... Ways to Improve Relationships" by Milton Dawes
- "Formal Cause, Poiesis, Rhetoric: A Dialogue" by Eric McLuhan and Peter Zhang
- "Bindings and Becomings: Korzybski, Deleuze, and Ecological Thinking" by Peter Zhang and Eric Jenkins
- Metaphors in Action:
"Two Generation Gaps" by Raymond Gozzi, Jr.
"Philosophy How?" by Peter Zhang
- Plus From the Editor, Book Reviews, and Dates and Indexes.
The cover of ETC 69:4 is a photograph titled "Sincere Plastic Advertising" by Jeremy Wolff.