ETC: A Review of General Semantics will soon be mailed and is now available for download from the IGS Store in searchable PDF format.
Table of Contents Preview
- "The Terrance Deacon’s Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from Matter. The Teleodynamics of Culture, Language, Organization, Science, Economics and Technology (CLOSET). Part II: Are Culture, Language, Organization, Science, Economics, and Technology (CLOSET) Teleodynamic Phenomena?" by Robert K. Logan
- "Structuring and the Notion 'Time': A General Semantics Conscious Time-Binding Approach" by Milton Dawes
- "The Time Binders in Korzybski’s Manhood of Humanity" by Krishna Daiya
- "On Language Wars" by Michael Moore
- "Danger: Deficiences Ahead" by Gary H. Mayer
"Media Ecology and Teaching Chinese as a Second Language (TCSL)" by Peter Zhang, Chin-Chin Tseng, and Natalie Sheen
- From the Vault:
"Metalanguage" by Gregory Bateson
"Form, Substance, and Difference" by Gregory Bateson
"The Relevance of General Semantics" by Alvin Toffler
"'I am a tear of the sun': Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Autobiography" by Phillip Dow
"The Face" by Joan Colby
"Joyrides" by Joan Colby
"The Sketch Artist" by Joan Colby
"Vowels" by Joan Colby
"ISMS" by Joan Colby
- Plus Letter from the Editor, Book Reviews, News and Notes.
The photograph used for the cover of ETC 72:1 is titled Haecceity “此”性 and is part of a textual and
photographic essay Zen Musings as featured in ETC 71:4 by photographer Wei-Shyuan (Stone) Peng.